Thursday, August 9, 2007

Waiting Here

I see your face it's how you've always been
But you don't seem to see me
Friends you still find time for
I'm left waiting, I'm left standing at your door

No more waiting, my heart has crashed to the floor
Worlds collide within, my heart can't take it anymore

I hear your voice so distant but the words are just as sweet as before
Verses so loving they always warm the core
The pain sets in, they're not for my audience anymore
Why am I still waiting here for my love to see me once more

No more waiting for my calls to be returned
Or for you to answer the door

I catch your scent its faint but there
Memories recalled with each whiff so dear to me
But they are the past, now its time to pick up my heart

No more waiting for my calls to be returned or
For you to answer the door
My dignity tattered my heart not flattered
Don't worry, no more questions its time to get back to the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.