Thursday, August 9, 2007

Conversation With A Mime

A casual wave " Hello hun, how you doin? Whats wrong?"
- An indifferent shrug, eyes wrought with shadows
" Huh I see, so is there anything I can help with?"
-A body trembles, arms weighed down struggle to raise
In a tender voice I draw her in " Come here baby"
-A single tear streaks a beautiful face, the body collapses
I gather her up, the limp body, a kiss to the forehead and carry her off to the bedroom
Her in my arms like a child, arms around my neck, sobs so quiet in my ear " I'm here for you hun.

I love you, we will get through this"
-A head nods in acknowledgement, breathing uncontrolled on the verge of it.
A mouth tries to speak but no air lifts the words from the throat.
"Sh, Sh, Sh, you don't have to speak I'm right here. I can feel it" I stare deep into her eyes, my soul swells out and wraps her in love. " There, there, baby everything will be all right
-A head nods, somehow knowing
Lights grow dim my love listens to my heart, head planted so delicately on my chest. I run fingers through her hair she coo's I smile. " I won't go. Sh, Sh, Sh, sleep baby I'll be here when you wake."
-A woman slumbers, nestled on a man, his arms support her, his heart loving her, his soul nurturing.
She is home.

No comments: